|Job Type:||Full Time|
Accenture Health & Public Service Our Health & Public Services Group brings together people with first-class consultancy skills and specialist industry expertise. This group is dedicated to helping health organisations, government agencies and other public service organisations deliver better solutions for the people they serve. By leveraging your consulting, analytics, technology, operations and outsourcing skills, you’ll help clients design and implement strategies that improve the overall quality of services that are delivered to health and public sector clients. ROLE: Senior Database SpecialistWe currently require a Senior Database Specialist in our health and government space, and while no day is the same, we have highlighted a few of the exciting responsibilities in this role.
- Maintains the existing Database(s) and DBA development environment plus analyse, design and implement enhancements or improvements to the environments including the version control system.
- Responds in a timely and appropriate manner to 2nd/3rd level Service Desk requests relating to data management and database administration, to meet contracted KPI targets.
- Performs updates of operational and system support documentation.
- Performs program/release testing programs plus comply with and maintain test documentation and procedures.
- Performs database performance and capacity monitoring and maintenance.
- Assists in monitoring, maintenance and reporting on the integrity and performance of operational and support databases.
- Provides status reports to the supervisor/team lead in relation to assigned tasks. EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
- Experience as a DBA with RDBMS, preferably with Ingres, in a Unix based client server environment
- Experience working in a Unix and PC, network environment (particularly Sun/Solaris on Sparc and Intel, NT and TCP/IP)
- Experience using or working with Cobol (Microfocus)
- Unix scripting, SGML/HTML and Microsoft products.
- Knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of Client Server systems
- Ability to express ideas, both verbally and in writing, to convey a clear meaning to the listener/reader
- Ability to work within a team environmentMust hold Australian citizenship and hold a relevant active Defence Security Clearance (NV1 preferred).
- Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
- At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
- We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
- We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
- Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.
- Vera Goga is the Recruiter managing this role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a fair and timely process.