The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are growing and we are looking for a Finance function specialist who wants to make a difference, and make a name for themselves; and who is ready to lead and direct engagements.
We are part of a rapidly growing, specialised team in EY Oceania that stands out for a few reasons:
- We are the largest dedicated integrations and separations practice in Oceania
- We combine both operational and transaction experience
- Over half of the ASX top 20 are our clients
EY’s Strategy and Transactions ranked first for four years running in Mergermarket’s Accountant Advisor league tables on highest value and volume of deals.
Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) is a dedicated team with over 90 team members within EY’s Strategy and Transactions (SaT) division that help clients achieve their strategic objectives in acquisitions and divestments.
Our team is currently investing in our Finance service offering and is looking for a motivated and experienced individual with a Finance function background to lead and drive the exciting growth that we are experiencing in the Finance area.
We cover a wide range of operational aspects in a transaction, including synergy assessments, separation readiness and support, operational due diligence and supporting the integration or separation process. With an unrivalled track record in the industry, you will have the opportunity to be a part of some of the most interesting transactions.
As a leader within our team, you will support and deliver small-medium sized projects or components of large-scale complex projects. Manager level responsibilities include:
- Developing and presenting key deliverables to clients
- Identifying key client risks, issues and mitigating these ahead of time
- Analysing and evaluating a company’s financials
- Managing engagement teams and leading by the EY values
- Acting as the main point of contact to our client
- Reporting directly to Directors and Partners
- Supporting in business development activities
- Collaborating widely with the broader SaT division and EY
- A strong understanding of Finance function operating models and organisational structure
- Advanced problem-solving skills, curiosity and creative thinking
- Ability to research companies and industries, synthesising and analysing a large set of qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to determine risks and opportunity areas
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with experience in delivering high-quality reports and presentations
- Adept at building strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and senior clients, including influence, advice key decision makers
- Team leadership skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to develop juniors
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and other applications
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Transactions or organisational transformation experience is a plus