The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
EY’s Strategy and Transactions (SaT) division offers corporate, government and private equity clients’ professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to deal execution, and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic objectives.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant/Manager or a Senior Manager for our Decision Science & Analytics team based in our Sydney office.
With a focus on Customer and Strategy analytics, you will be a vital member of the team where you will be working on the most complex and high-profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. As a team, we are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in strategy, customer, marketing and sales advanced who are strategic transaction advisers, enabling us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients.
- Manage and supervise a team of analytics professionals through all phases of the engagement lifecycle, including requirements definition, design, development, testing and post-delivery support
- Team with client and our Strategy practice to design and implement innovative solutions
- Lead and collaborate to plan engagement objectives and a strategy that addresses client needs
- Manage expectations of service delivery; monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Identify issues and propose both strategies and technical approaches
- You will also be focusing on business and practice development as well as developing team members to achieve their goals
- Manage and execute strategy, customer, marketing and sales focused projects supported by advanced analytics and insights
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, operations research, industrial/systems engineering, business analytics or related data science
- Experience using data, programming and mathematical techniques to solve business issues by using Customer or Strategy Analytics
- Prior experience with one of more advanced data mining tools (e.g. Microsoft Azure, SQL, Hadoop, Alteryx), programming language (e.g. Python, R, Java), visualization application (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI), and decision modelling tool (e.g. SC Guru, JDA, SASS, AIMMS, GAMS, Arena)
- Working knowledge of data management, data structures and analytic models
- Experience leading and managing in complex business environments
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Experience in strategy, customer, marketing, sales analytics roles
- PC proficiency including MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, VBA and MS Excel
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% on short notice
- Prior consulting industry experience preferred
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry