The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Sydney office.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
Your key responsibilities
- Scope a client’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by conductive proactive research
- Responsible for the technical design, configuration, implementation, and end user support
- Develop and maintains data ingestion & integration processes for data sources
- Performs quality assurance on developed features
- Monitor data workflows. Report and resolve incidents in case of any exceptions
- Resolve reported incidents specific to ETL / Data workflows
- Perform data platform health checks and resolve incidents if any
- Consult and collaborate with your colleagues to resolve service issues
- Work seamlessly with stakeholders in multiple teams within the client’s units, acting internally as a client advocate
- Collaborate with various internal teams to identify, develop and test fixes for potential software issues
- Advise stakeholders on how to gain additional value from their new systems
- Develop and maintain strong effective working relationships with key management personnel and internal client base including data engineers, BA’s and directly with the services/businesses
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience
We’re looking for people with strong Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-passed consulting environment.
- Strong client service skills, accurate and logical problem solving and communication skills, plus the ability to excel in a team environment is essential
- Hands on technical expertise in Spark, Python, SQL, Java, Scala, Kafka etc
- Hands on experience working with different data bases (RDBMS, NoSQL, Blob storage etc)
- Experience with data / data environments / databases / large data sets
- Hands on technical expertise setting up DevOps automation using tools such as Jenkins, Github etc
- Hands on experience working technologies/platform e.g. Dockers, Containers, Openstack, AWS, Azure, GCP
- A good team player who shows flexibility and a pro-activeness to deliver on relevant outcomes
- Strong problem solver, someone unhappy with the status quo
- Analytical mind set / someone that challenges assumptions
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Prior Big4 Consulting or other similar experience is highly desirable
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, Statistical Modelling, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects