|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to support the Rio Tinto Group‘s Western Australian operations, in the delivery of high quality, timely and independent legal advice on aspects affecting its businesses with a focus on resources law, joint ventures, environmental law, native title and cultural heritage issues. An aspect of the role includes providing support in the area of CSP standards to manage social, economic, environmental, cultural and human rights impacts throughout the life cycle of projects, from exploration, to project development, to operation and closure
This role is a great opportunity for a legal professional who is ready to take the next step in their career to join an experienced and diverse in-house legal team of one of Australia’s largest mining companies.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Significant experience in private practice or in house and be able to practice law in WA.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills at all stakeholder levels and ability to manage a diverse range of matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What's on offer
- Position based in Perth.
- Competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months.
- Flexible work arrangements will be supported for this role
- Generous leave entitlements
- Discounted Health cover scheme (Medibank) for employees and their immediate family.
- Eligible for the Rio Tinto employee share programme.
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options - rental, mortgage, super, vehicle.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical, or leadership career path
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Legal provide legal services and expertise to the Rio Tinto Group, including corporate headquarters, operating business units and service divisions. Working to the highest standards collaboratively across the globe, Rio Tinto Legal also devises policy development and advice on legal matters.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+ people, women, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.