|Job Type:||Full Time|
Local Aboriginal Person (LAP) Traineeship opportunities – EOI
- Great opportunities available for traineeship roles
- Express your interest for opportunities across our Weipa operations
- Join our fast paced business where we foster an inclusive and diverse environment
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth's mineral resources in order to maximise value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
About the role
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from local aboriginal persons; as defined in the Western Cape Communities Coexistence Agreement who are interested in Local Aboriginal Person (LAP) traineeships.
We have traineeship opportunities available in the areas of:
- Crane Operator – safely and efficiently move and deliver large objects and equipment using a crane.
- Draftsperson – process mark-ups of electrical CAD files and update Site Service Plans.
- Plant Operator — operating large and small scale plant machinery within the mine site including the Beneficiation Plant.
- Laboratory Analyst — complete testing which determines the quality of bauxite before it is loaded onto ships and imported.
What you will need
To be successfully considered for these opportunities, you must be a local aboriginal person [as defined in the Western Cape Communities Coexistence Agreement]. You will need to have:
- A full unrestricted C class manual drivers licence (*we are unable to accept applications from those with probationary, suspended or extraordinary licences)
- The ability to pass a fitness for work assessment and an alcohol and drug screen
- A good level of literacy, language and numeracy skills
- Local Aboriginal Person (LAP) status (Please attach the completed form given in the below link when submitting your application online)
Click here to download form
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminum for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. Application after 25th November 2020 will not be accepted.
Alternatively you can drop your Completed Application into the Weipa Community Relations office or email email@example.com to request an Application Package.