The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients. EY was one of the first firms to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic in our industry, introducing remote working for our staff to keep both our employees and clients safe.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for Managers within our Business Consulting, Internal Audit team in our Canberra office. This role provides an opportunity to work with a diverse range of Commonwealth clients.
We are one of the leading firms in Canberra and Internal Audit practice provide the government with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions are used by our clients to build trust and confidence. If you love working for the government and want to make an impact, come join our team.
To work in Government we need Australia Citizens, or those who are applying to be Australian Citizens.
- Leading and guiding the team and client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and strategies which comply with professional standards
- Advising clients to understand and manage business risks and verify the validity of business information
- Nurturing client relationships to achieve service expectations, deliverables and outcomes
- Partnering with the Commonwealth, addressing compliance, financial and operational risk, and assessing the current state internal controls and framework in order to mitigate current and emerging risks in the government landscape
- Keeping up to date with innovative assurance industry trends and briefing the engagement team on the client’s internal audit environment
- Practical and solution oriented approach to identify technical developments, and evaluate and advise impacts
- High level communication and engagement skills, including exceptional report writing abilities
- Strong business acumen, commercially focused attitude
- Inspiring leadership capability with the motivation to develop others, build high performing teams and effectively delegate with appropriate levels of support
- Excellent project management skills including ability to lead fieldwork
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree qualification in finance, business, accounting or related discipline
- Professional accreditations and qualifications will also be considered favourably (CPA, CISA, CA, CIA, CISM, CISSP, CBCP, CIPP)