*Applicants must be an Australian Citizen to have the ability to obtain government security clearance.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
We are looking for a Senior Consultant within the Consulting, Enterprise Risk, Internal Audit team in our Canberra office. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build trust and confidence with their customers, the overall market and when required, by regulation or contract.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for working on multiple client engagement teams within the practice.
You can expect to work with top tier clients, addressing compliance, financial, operational and strategic risk, as well as develop internal audit plans, perform internal control testing and prepare reports with our findings and recommendations.
- You will assess the client’s current state processes and controls and identify opportunities to mitigate risk as well as improve process efficiency, effectiveness and business performance.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- Ability to contribute to high quality deliverables which provide relevant insights underpinned by a keen attention to detail
- The skills to apply a structured approach to project management and documentation, and a demonstrated understanding of risk-based auditing methodologies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience ideally working with large government departments providing assurance services.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking assurance engagements, including both compliance and performance improvement focused reviews.