* Applicants must be an Australian Citizen to have the ability to obtain government security clearance.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to join our Enterprise Risk, Internal Audit team in Canberra and work with a diverse range of Commonwealth Government clients.
We are one of the leading firms in Canberra and provide our clients with a consultative and reliable overview of their risk landscape, building trust and confidence along the way.
If you enjoy being amongst a positive and supportive culture and want to make an impact, come join our team!
Your key responsibilities
- Leading and guiding the team and your clients to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and strategies that comply with professional standards
- Advising clients to understand and manage business risks, verifying the validity of business info.
- Nurturing client relationships to achieve service expectations, deliverables and outcomes.
- Partnering with the Commonwealth to address compliance, financial and operational risk.
- Assessing state internal controls and frameworks to mitigate current and emerging risks in the government landscape
- Keeping up to date with innovative assurance industry trends and briefing the engagement team on the client’s internal audit environment
Skills and attributes for success
- A practical and solution-oriented approach to identify technical developments, and evaluate and advise on impacts
- Relevant experience in an internal audit, assurance, controls, risk, compliance or governance capacity
- High level communication and engagement skills, including strong report writing abilities
- An inspiring leadership capability with the motivation to develop others, build high performing teams and effectively delegate with appropriate levels of support
- Excellent project management skills including ability to lead fieldwork
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A relevant Bachelor or Master’s degree qualification
- Professional accreditations and qualifications will also be considered favourably (CPA, CISA, CA, CIA, CISM, CISSP, CBCP, CIPP)