The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Cloud Architect within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Canberra office.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
- Architecting and designing Big Data platforms on cloud or on-premise
- Advising clients on latest big data and analytic technologies
- Mentoring junior team members
- Documenting the architecture against business requirements
- Providing Architecture input to pre-sales activities
- Presenting and explaining Big Data Architecture technologies to senior client stakeholders
We’re looking for people with strong Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-passed consulting environment.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- 10 - 15 years industry experience in Data & Analytics with 5 years’ experience in a similar role as a Solution Architect, Data Warehouse Architect or Big Data Architect
- Experience with or knowledge of traditional DW environments: Teradata, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
- Experience with or knowledge of Batch and real-time streaming technologies such as Datastage, Informatica, ODI, Spark, Flink, Kafka
- Experience with or knowledge of Big Data platforms such as Hortonworks, MAPR, EMR, HDInsight or Cloudera
- Experience with or knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Alibaba
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Prior Big4 Consulting experience is highly desirable
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects