The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Data Analyst at Consultant/Senior Consultant level within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Perth office. This role is offered on a full-time permanent basis.
As a Data Analyst, you will be able to step out of your comfort zone and move into a more consultative role working across various data environments and helping our clients solve their business problems with data.
Your key responsibilities
- Business analysis, technical analysis, data analysis experience
- Data Migration / SQL skills / data analysis skills
- Work with diverse stakeholders to identify their challenges with data that can be addressed using various Analysis techniques
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies
- Present data in graphs, charts, tables, etc. and designing and developing relational databases for collecting data
- Keep a track of trends, patterns and correlation in case of complex data sets
- Prepare concise data reports and data visualizations for stakeholders that will help in decision making processes
- Prepare dashboards and data visualisations for clients
Skills and attributes for success
We’re looking for people with Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) skills OR someone that might have studied software development, information systems, computer science, artificial intelligence or something similar.
- Solid experience as a Data engineer or Business Analyst or a Programmer within the data and analytics space
- Exposure to data / data environments / databases / large data sets
- Strong data modelling and data mapping experience
- Analytical mind set / someone that challenges assumptions
- Experience creating integration plans including interface identification, design and implementation
- Data visualisation experience - Tableau, PowerBI, Spotfire, QlikView etc.
- Experience in generating structured insights from data collected from various sources and formats
- Business acumen and the ability to translate data insights into meaningful business recommendation
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Prior Big4 Consulting experience is highly desirable
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects