|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Joining the One Commercial Partner (OCP) team as a Cloud Solutions Architect (CSA) means you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft Partners deliver on this mission. Through our partners, Microsoft brings digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform their products.
As a Cloud Solution Architect specialised in Data & AI you will work with partners to help them modernise existing solutions, as well as design new cloud-native data architectures. You will guide partners with scalable data architectures to meet distributed cloud application requirements. You will also have the opportunity help customers leverage specialised machine learning services and hardware (GPUs etc.). You will use your expertise and presentation skills to engage with partners to understand their end-customers’ business and technical requirements, and persuasively present practical and useful solutions on Microsoft Azure.
In this role you will work together with, and leverage, other technical specialists at Microsoft, to deliver partner solutions that span beyond your own technical expertise. You will help partners understand the power of Microsoft Azure, explaining the technical features, helping partners design architectures, engage in proof of concepts and troubleshooting potential roadblocks with subject matter experts and product engineering teams. You will work across a variety of partner types including ISV (Independent Software Vendor), MSP (Managed Service Provider), and SIs (Systems Integrators).
Microsoft Azure helps customers expand beyond the limits of their current computing platform with the freedom to build, manage and deploy their applications anywhere with Azure. Using their preferred languages, frameworks, and infrastructure – even their own data centre and other clouds. With help from Azure, customers and partners have everything they need to build their next great solution. Azure, Invent with purpose.
- Recommend integration strategies, architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Microsoft Azure
- Help partners develop the technical skills & expertise they need to succeed by developing & executing Technical Enablement Plans. This may consist in leading and/or contributing to the deliver of workshops, bootcamps or scheduled training plans.
- Lead the execution of technical engagements such as Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, Hackathons to help partners define and bring new solutions to market
- Network and collaborate with Microsoft’s Engineering and Technical Specialist teams on removing technical blockers to solutions/sales, improving specific skill requirements for partners and the sharing of best practices
- Be a “learn-it-all” and apply a growth mindset, with a belief that your skills can always be improved through honest reflection and persistent effort.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with database technologies such as relational (SQL, Oracle etc.), non-relational (NoSQL, Mongo, Cassandra etc.) or Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hortonworks, Cloudera, Databricks etc.)
- Experience with data migration strategies and moving large scale production systems to public cloud providers.
- Experience with open source database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Experience across all database technologies; relational, non-relational and big data.
- Experience with optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads.
- Experience with building machine learning solutions and leveraging specific machine learning architectures (e.g. deep learning, LSTM, convolutional networks, etc).
- Technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of systems integration, large scale data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance.