|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Joining the One Commercial Partner (OCP) team as a Cloud Solutions Architect (CSA) means you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft Partners deliver on this mission. Through our partners, Microsoft brings digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform their products.
As a Cloud Solution Architect specialised in Application Modernisation you will work with partners to help them modernise existing solutions, as well as design new cloud-native architectures. You will guide partners with application architectures that cover the “full stack”, incorporating front-end, business logic and database layer requirements. You will use your expertise and presentation skills to engage with partners to understand their end-customers’ business and technical requirements, and persuasively present practical and useful solutions on Microsoft Azure.
In this role you will work together with, and leverage, other technical specialists at Microsoft, to deliver partner solutions that span beyond your own technical expertise. You will help partners understand the power of Microsoft Azure, explaining the technical features, helping partners design architectures, engage in proof of concepts and troubleshooting potential roadblocks with subject matter experts and product engineering teams. In this role, you will be primarily working with ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) to help them move their solutions to the Microsoft Azure, while delivering greater value to their customers and growing their customer base.
Microsoft Azure helps customers expand beyond the limits of their current computing platform with the freedom to build, manage and deploy their applications anywhere with Azure. Using their preferred languages, frameworks, and infrastructure – even their own data centre and other clouds. With help from Azure, customers and partners have everything they need to build their next great solution. Azure, Invent with purpose.
- Recommend integration strategies, architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Microsoft Azure
- Assistance navigating the Microsoft Partner program and providing guidance on competency benefits they can leverage when developing on the Azure platform.
- Help partners develop the technical skills & expertise they need to succeed by developing & executing Technical Enablement Plans. This may consist in leading and/or contributing to the delivery of workshops, bootcamps or scheduled training plans.
- Lead the execution of technical engagements such as Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, Hackathons to help partners define and bring new solutions to market
- Network and collaborate with Microsoft’s Engineering and Technical Specialist teams on removing technical blockers to solutions/sales, improving specific skill requirements for partners and the sharing of best practices
- Be inclusive and collaborative in your work practices, driving teamwork and working with virtual teams across functions & geographies
- Be a “learn-it-all” and apply a growth mindset, with a belief that your skills can always be improved through honest reflection and persistent effort. Understand and keep up to date with technology trends and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery, and deployment.
- Experience architecting solutions that account for, and take advantage of, cloud-based security, redundancy, and scale design considerations.
- Experience with containers and associated technologies.
- Experience with solutions that span single, or multiple, public cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or on-premises.
- Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice architecture principles, PaaS, and container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry
- Experience in advanced areas of networking, Linux, SDN, virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, VPNs and their application to PaaS/IaaS technologies, or large-scale VMware deployments
- Experience with cloud-native software development methodologies, tools for application development/deployment stages including CI/CD (GitHub, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Experience with logging/monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads; ability to learn and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in Cloud/IT technology space