The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for Managers within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Sydney office.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and budgeting for a portfolio of projects; mobilise and manage the project team.
- Lead program teams comprised of both business analysts and technical streams
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors, leading the client relationship across multiple levels
- Develop and maintain contact with stakeholders (internal and external) to organise and lead engagement teams, maximise program success, expand the current program offering and enhance the quality of existing program(s)
- Participate and lead the proposal development including the pricing strategy in line with the business’ processes
- Lead the delivery strategy for the program, including a robust risk mitigation plan
- Understanding how different projects and streams on a single account interlink and how collectively support the client’s business objectives with a focus of an integrated approach to deliver a successful client outcome
- Provide professional and strategic leadership regarding best practice delivery approach, project metrics and overall project quality
- Maintain best practice project management practices and methodologies
- Apply change, risk and resource management disciplines
- Lead the project team; provide regular performance feedback, coaching and direction to team members regarding career development aligned to their career aspirations
- Lead and apply process improvement to the delivery of the project such as six sigma tools and Agile methodology in line with project standards, procedures and quality objectives
- Translate complex technical concepts into simple communications which the business can understand
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Ability to lead business development with a proven track record of achieving business sales in the Data & Analytics with public sector market
- Strong Data & Analytics market presence and network in Canberra
- Demonstrated experience in leading and implementing complex business transformation projects that deliver improved customer-focussed and efficient services that lead to ongoing sales activities
- Superior internal and external stakeholder management skills with the ability to credibly communicate, negotiate and influence strategic outcomes at C- level executives
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a fast pace, complex, matrixed environment
Project Delivery Capability
- Proven track record of independently managing Data & Analytics or SI programs of more than 40 FTEs
- Experience leading end-to-end business value Data & Analytics transformation programs
- Demonstrated background as a successful Program Manager/Delivery Lead in managing high value, complex BI & Analytics programs in a large and diverse organisation
- Strong problem-solving skills, with proven ability to analyse issues from different perspectives and draw commercially sound recommendations.
- Experience in managing off-shore delivery
- Strong stakeholder management across multiple levels (internal and external)
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving analytical capabilities
- Ability to effectively work and lead across cross-functional teams on projects
- Ability to make well thought decisions in complex or ambiguous situations
- Solid understanding both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
- Ability to coach and mentor cross-functional dynamic teams and operate autonomously
- Prior Big4 Consulting experience is highly desirable
Ideally, you’ll also have
You will have a passion for identifying and growing new business opportunities while having credibility to pull senior clients out of their comfort zones while taking them on a Data and Analytics journey.