The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to focus on sustainable supply chain and modern slavery within the Sustainability team in our Melbourne office.
We are a growing, and in demand team, working with companies across Australia and the world. The Manager or Senior Manager will support diverse industries, focussing on driving sustainability in supply chains and tackling modern slavery and other ESG supply chain risks. They will lead teams to deliver specialist advice and assurance to companies that are interested in improving their sustainability performance.
The EY Climate Change and Sustainability Services team is the biggest sustainability consulting team in Oceania. Our multidisciplinary team comprises approximately 230 experienced professionals across Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, as well as Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, and advises a large proportion of the ASX 200 to help them drive performance beyond their bottom line.
- Lead supply chain sustainability, transparency, and responsible sourcing-focused services to companies. This will include support to establish credible sustainable sourcing policies and due diligence system and reporting on the progress and efficacy of those programs
- Develop new consulting business opportunities with leading corporates in a diverse range of industries and closely collaborate across the firm
- Drive the ongoing implementation and innovation of EY sustainable supply chain tools, via thought leadership, strategy development and technical advice
- Lead ongoing projects, including scoping and budgeting; client and people management; providing supply chain expertise; conducting primary research, including leading stakeholder interviews; utilizing relevant supply chain/sustainability technology and tools; innovative solution development; and presentation and facilitation
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team across a range of industries, assisting organisations on how they manage and report on socio-economic value creation or sustainability information, manage risks and enhance transparency, responsible supply chains, non-financial reporting and more
- Tertiary qualification, such as in engineering or environmental sciences, economics, social sciences, law, organisational development, procurement, supply chain and/or logistics
- Experience in supply chain sustainability, supply chain risk, procurement, supply chain transformation, transparency and risk-based approaches for supply chain engagement
- Practical experience in sustainable procurement, change management and sustainability strategy development is desirable
- Excellent project management skills (including excellent time-management, problem-solving and organisational abilities); ability to multi-task
- Experience of supply chain management such as logistics / network optimisation, demand / supply planning, transformation, manufacturing, procurement outsourcing – 3PLs/4PLs, CMO etc.
- Consulting experience from a professional services, advisory or internal consulting environment
- A good knowledge of the relevant international frameworks, conventions and guidelines; and voluntary standards / certification schemes designed to address human rights and worker’s rights
- Understanding of environmental and social challenges in multinational companies especially with the integration of sustainability in supply chains