|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- An exciting opportunity for an analytical individual with prior understanding of the AML/CTF Act
About the role:
As an AML Operations Analyst, the primary purpose of your role is to assist in mitigating Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing risk by providing a professional AML/CTF Transaction Monitoring assessment service.
You would be joining a team that is responsible for Transaction Monitoring, Threshold Transaction Reporting (TTR) and International Funds Transfer Instruction (IFTI) Reporting exception handing in compliance with AML/CTF regulatory obligations as well as BoQ policies including the Financial Crime Strategy of the Group. You may also be required to assist in customer and payment screening and assessment of sanctions risk and PEP's (Politically Exposed Persons).
Key responsibilities include:
- Transaction Monitoring for the BOQ Group using AML/CTF detection systems to assess alerts and identify potential ML/TF matters
- Assessing and reviewing internal Unusual Activity Reports
- Liaise with staff across the BOQ Group where required to complete inquiries
- Managing exceptions that result during TTR and IFTI Reporting
- Keeping abreast of emerging AML/CTF trends and issues, including AUSTRAC typologies and relevant media reports.
- Assist with financial crimes awareness in BOQ Group, including providing guidance on Unusual Activity Reporting, TTR reporting and ML/TF Trends.
You may also be required to:
- Undertake customer and payment screening reviews to identify and assess Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and sanctions risk
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience within a financial institution, preferably within AML/CTF alert monitoring and investigations including PEP's and Sanctions Screening where you will also demonstrate the following experience, skills and abilities:
- Formal training/qualifications in AML/CTF/Sanctions or investigations would be highly advantageous
- Understanding of the banking codes of practice and other relevant legislation including Privacy Act and Criminal Code
- Knowledge of the AML/CTF Act and Rules, including Transaction Monitoring Programs and Customer Due Diligence obligations
- An analytical mindset and problem solving skills
- Report writing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate well with stakeholders
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.