|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced Sustainability professional with previous banking/financial services experience
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sustainability Manager to join our Investor Relations team on a permanent basis. This role will be based in our Newstead Gasworks office and report to the General Manager (GM), Investor Relations.
In this role, you will work closely with the GM in design and delivery of BOQ’s sustainability strategy, drive the execution of BOQ’s carbon reduction program, engagement with key stakeholders to understand the material issues, and drive a material uplift in the quality of BOQ’s external sustainability disclosures including the annual sustainability report.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Enhancement and execution of BOQ’s sustainability strategy;
- Develop, implement, promote, and monitor BOQ’s environmental strategies to drive a carbon reduction;
- Engagement with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of BOQ’s sustainability strategy and disclosures, develop awareness of BOQ’s sustainability initiatives, determine our positioning in relation to external ESG organisations, and enhancing BOQ’s ESG ratings;
- Management of reporting to Management and Board in relation to key sustainability metrics;
- Drive BOQ’s climate change program including development of the carbon offset procurement strategy, and execution of the RE100 program through delivery of the emissions reduction strategy and compliance with membership requirements.
As an experienced Sustainability Manager, you will have a deep understanding of key sustainability frameworks and principles, including the GRI reporting framework, UN Sustainable Development Goals, and the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures recommendations.
You will also possess the following skills and/or experience:
- Extensive experience working within the sustainability field, ideally within a financial services organisation
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills including influencing and consulting, with demonstrated ability to facilitate group discussions, negotiate outcomes, and build effective relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Proven expertise in the implementation and ongoing enhancement of reporting in accordance with the GRI framework
- Good knowledge of TCFD reporting requirements and proven experience of preparation of compliant external disclosures
- Relationship management
- Strong and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of stakeholder and relationship management
- Tertiary qualifications – business/commerce/finance
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.