We are investing in our team to take your skills and career to places you never thought possible. This is an exciting time for BHP, are you ready to make your place? If you are motivated, committed, reliable and proud come and join the BHP OS family.
Operations Services (OS) was established with the single goal of focusing on front line operators and maintainers. Completing work previously by service contractors, OS is providing permanent employment to a growing team of more than 3000 employees.
OS has smaller teams so you can expect a really genuine connection to your supervisor and your peers. Work in an environment where safety is central to everything we do and support is always at hand. We work in a high performance culture proactively identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and development.
What is on offer?
- Permanent positions
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Predominantly 7/7 rosters & camp accommodation
- Flexible work options – part-time, job share
- Generous share match scheme
- Novated leasing
- Endless career progression opportunities
- A broad range of discounts through our employee benefits package
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistant Program
About the role
If you are an Auto Electrician experienced with servicing and maintaining heavy equipment such as HV Trucks, Dozers and Excavators in mining, civil, construction, agriculture, Defence or marine industries then there are opportunities for you to join the team! You will be completing scheduled and breakdown maintenance to all heavy mobile equipment as well as conducting preventative maintenance inspections.
Transportation to site is provided from nominated points specific to each team, which will be discussed during the recruitment process. 7/7 and 4/3 rosters available.
- Previous experience within mining is preferred
- A strong background as an Auto Electrician working ideally with Caterpillar, Komatsu and Liebherr
- Experience with Terex O&K/Caterpillar Excavators/Caterpillar Dozers will be high regarded
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Effective listening and strong interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive reading and writing skills
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and other extended leave entitlements.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to attend one of our Engagement Centres, which are being held across the Country.
Apply today to become part of the BHP OS family.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.