|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to strong growth, Mott MacDonald's leading Built Environment team is looking for new team members. You will be joining a diverse team of consultants who are passionate about what they do, with a proven track record guiding our clients, and leading delivery of our State and Country's most critical projects.
We are seeking a highly experienced Building Services Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical or Fire and Hydraulic) / Design Manager to join our SA team in Adelaide for a range of Built Environment projects for with a focus on the Defence sector who is able to obtain an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) Baseline Security Clearance or above. See https://beta.defence.gov.au/security/clearances for more detail.
As an experienced Building Services Engineer and Design Manager you will need to understand how to lead a multidisciplinary engineering design team while administering complex contractual requirements with Commonwealth and Contractor clients alike. The Design Manager will need to be able to communicate effectively while being able manage projects of various levels and complexity.
This role will see you:
* Coordinate project design teams consisting of architects, engineers, planners, environmental and other specialty discipline experts.
* Undertake design in your area of core expertise for Built Environment projects
* Undertake technical reviews of engineering projects for the Built Environment and Defence sector
* Undertake commercial management of projects
* Leading projects and/or work packages on major projects to deliver strong commercial outcomes for the business whilst achieving outstanding outcomes for our clients
* Preparing designs, reports, specifications and other deliverables for capital infrastructure project in the Built form in accordance with relevant Defence and Australian design standards to a high level of technical excellence
* Seeking innovation in the delivery of schemes and techniques used to design and construct them
* Be prepared to travel for short durations to Defence Bases in cities and regional locations across SA and possibility interstate as required to carry out the Design Management role.
What you will bring to the team:
You will be a Building Services Engineer and Design Manager with significant experience across complex Built Environment and Defence buildings programmes. We are especially interested in candidates who are accustomed to working with a range of high-level Defence related stakeholders and managing the technical design inputs across several key disciplines across a programme.
With tertiary qualifications relevant to Engineering, you will have proven skills and knowledge of both Defence and Australian design standards and appreciation of multi-disciplinary requirements of Defence projects in feasibility, preliminary and detailed design. You will have a background in major project delivery, design and excellent communications skills, being able to bring a mature and relevant network connections in the local market. Connections to Defence industries will be viewed as an advantage. Your experience in leading teams coupled with proven consulting design management skills, including the use of relevant design software and able to work in design modelling and BIM environments will assist you in succeeding. You will have experience in external and internal stakeholder management, to help you influence the outcome of key decisions.
In return, we offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like the present to make a change