|Job Type:||Full Time|
DC Design Engineer
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of Australia’s biggest supply chain network
- Work for an organisation that is part of an essential service to Australia and our communities
- Play an integral part in our Primary Connect purpose of “ We connect communities with the products they need and love”
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will support you to thrive
Every decision we make is designed with our customers, teams and safety at the heart. Our Supply Chain processes are always changing to adjust to the ever evolving needs of our customers and the need for ultimate convenience, even more so in the current societal climate. There has never been a better time to join Woolworths as we grow and transform in our offering to customers.
The utilisation of technology and the speed in which we operate are truly transforming the Supply Chain landscape in Australia & New Zealand and in this role, you’ll be at the forefront of initiating this change. The thinking is fresh and the way we do things is new and industry leading. In this role, you will adopt an innovative design lens supporting projects in Australia and New Zealand across all of our brands.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Lead design and testing of engineered solutions for optimal performance outcome, safety and cost efficiency
- Leads scope confirmation sessions with client and conducts gap analysis to ensure issues are resolved; identifies changes to the scope when they occur and provides necessary documentation and escalation
- Leads reviews with key workstream leads including engineering peers, and operations; may include presentation to senior leaders
- Manages material handling vendors through schedule, permitting, installation, and commissioning
- Oversees equipment installation and commissioning, including any necessary problem solving / testing of automated material handling equipment
- Provides guidance and leads specification and procurement of MHE
- Identify and define detailed DC processes to support the solution to support Supply Chain initiatives
- Develops and effectively communicates relevant project information to leadership and customers
- Researches and oversees knowledge of emerging industry practice relevant to role
Who we’re looking for
The suitable candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of warehouse design, material handling equipment and storage media technologies, pick methodology, work measurement, labour management and slotting
- Experience with warehouse management systems, warehouse control systems, and warehouse execution systems required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution is highly desirable
- Experience with design for safety in operational environments, DC Design principles and network design principles
- A functional understanding of AutoCAD
- Ability to assess broad solutions in order to articulate preferred solution
- Stakeholder engagement and ability to gain their support and advocacy
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.