|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer maintains longstanding contracts and significant operational expertise to over a quarter of New Zealanders, highlighting our exceptional performance delivery in water maintenance and operation.
With business growth and success, we have a newly created opportunity for an Estimator to join our team. This is an integral role to support growth across the Water and the wider Downer NZ business.
A bit about your role:
Your role will form a key part of our business development team, working with Operational teams, Suppliers, and Sub Contractors on the preparation, submission, follow up and negotiation of tenders and quotations. Some of your key focuses would include;
- Provision of accurate and timely tender bids having reviewed and understood the Project Specifications and Tender Drawings
- Participate in meetings with Engineers and Project Managers to review the specification and specific job approach, risks, and opportunities/alternative strategies.
- Ability to assess and document non-specified project risks
- Regularly follow up Tender submissions with customers
- Build and maintain relationships with customers ensuring we are a preferred supplier for tender invitations and other unlisted opportunities.
- Following through on all assigned tender submissions and quotations, maintain records on outcomes.
A bit about you;
You will be an experienced Estimator with prior experience working in the Water industry and will bring with you:
- Successful water/civil estimating experience/capability in a similar business environment with at least 5 years’ experience gained at this level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the water contracting market and its customer base
- Proficient in Excel with the ability to use Macros and Pivot tables would be advantageous
- Preparing first principles cost estimate yourself using excel templates or proprietary estimating tools such as Candy or Benchmark.
- Understanding how projects and service contracts are organised, managed, delivered, with the ability to contribute your ideas on how to do it better.
A role with Downer can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training, and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 573658 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.