|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As the Regional Datacenter Transition Program Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our Global Datacenter Critical Environment Team!
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As a successful Field Operations Transition Program Manager your performance objectives will include:
- Act as the Single Point of contact for engineering, construction, and commissioning teams, to transition new data center to the Operations team.
- Responsible for the planning and oversight of all activities necessary for the transition of new data center to the Operations team.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders throughout a project life cycle from site selection to the project close out
- Maintain communication and collaboration during all phases of a new data center build.
- Coordinate all construction related activities which may infringe on any part of a live data center.
- Attend the design review meetings to highlight operational concerns.
- Support engineering team in facilitating inquiries that require input from Operations.
- Share lessons learned that have been captured for consideration/mitigation.
- Identify equipment quality issues and hold responsible parties accountable for remediation.
- Support onboarding of the Operations teams for new greenfield sites.
- Build functional knowledge of the site through attendance at key phases of the project. Gain in-depth knowledge of the site, and documents risk register.
- Support site mobilization including procuring spares, tools, and consumables.
- Perform site acceptance through CSA walks, beneficial use, and turnover walks.
- Engage with 3rd party maintenance suppliers for contract/agreement set-up.
- Conduct review of turnover documentations such as O&M’s, as built & record drawings, permits, certificates, and warranty documents.
- Participate in turnover issue meetings and provide input on impact to Operations if accepted.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related work experience
- 10+ years of working experience in mission critical facilities and infrastructures
- 5+ years hands-on experience in a similar Transition Program Manager role
- 5+ Years’ experience in a 24x7x365 production environment or related experience
- 3+ Year experience in datacenter design, construction, commissioning and onboarding processes or related experience
- At least three years’ experience working with collaboration platforms (e.g. SharePoint, MS Teams etc.)
- At least two years’ experience with reporting and data analytics systems & platforms (e.g. PowerBI)
- Strong working knowledge of physical data center infrastructure and technology
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by business needs
- Knowledge of design, construction and commissioning techniques, terminology, and documentation
- Practical experience with building management systems and automation, controls & frameworks
- Ability to initiate, drive and delivery projects, analyze complex problems and communicate plans and findings to internal customers/stakeholders
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- This position requires Australian Citizenship to meet government security requirements.
- NV1/2, PV Clearance Assessment: This position may require an enhanced background check conducted through the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.