|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- An exciting opportunity to support ASC Shipbuilding supply chain team in managing purchase orders and subcontractor document management application
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Subcontract Support Coordinator being part of ASC Shipbuilding supply chain operations, based in Osborne Naval Shipyard, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to Indirect Procurement and Subcontract Support Team Leader, you will be responsible to provide valuable support to the Subcontract Manager community throughout ASC Shipbuilding. Support includes milestone, material and supplier documentation purchase order management and co-ordination of supplier documentation receipt and approval process.
More specifically, you will
- Lead the development of a collaborative relationship with the configuration management function, ensuring that legislative and head contract requirements are adhered to in the way we manage our supplier documents
- Manage incoming supplier documentation, assigning appropriate export control, security classification document attributes, within the documentation management system
- Create purchase orders (PO) which accurately reflect payment milestones, materials equipment schedules and document delivery dates within the subcontract, and comply with governance standards
- Manage purchase orders receipting on behalf of Subcontract Managers as contract milestones, materials deliveries and documents are achieved / received
- Manage PO approvals in accordance with procurement standard
- Be an expert in the subcontractor document management application which enables efficient and effective management of the subcontractor deliverables
- Provide training and support to subcontractors in the use of the subcontract document management application, as required
- Produce system reports on the status of subcontractor deliverables and identify opportunities of improvement in activities defined above
- Ensure timely subcontractor payment in accordance with contracts
- Identify and champion opportunities for process improvement and systems configuration
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- High level of awareness of the structure of major subcontracts
- Experience in managing and administering purchase orders
- Good understanding of contracting principals with high level of digital literacy
- Knowledge of export control and Defence security classification
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.