|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A great opportunity to work in a supportive and goal orientated team
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- Location Edinburgh Parks, SA
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Administrator within the IM&T Team.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a result of growth within our business, we are seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team.
Our IM&T department provides sustainable, best in class, end-to-end services to our customers throughout Australia. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
As the Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for assisting in the installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of computing, messaging systems and infrastructure in project and/or support teams.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist in ensuring that the computing infrastructure platforms and associated data storage sub systems meet the current performance, reliability, and security requirements of the business
- Deliver and support optimisation of applications operating within Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems effectively and efficiently
- Provide system administration of Windows Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems for effective governance and functional requirements
- Propose and recommend solutions for customer requirements, particularly as they apply to the server and messaging, storage and computing environments
- Assist in the recommendation and selection of appropriate management tools for Server Computing platforms, data storage sub systems and Enterprise Messaging systems
- Assist with the planning and design to ensure the computing platform infrastructure is fully documented and supportable
- Assist in installing new or rebuilding existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and operational requirements
- Assist in upgrades and patches of operating systems by conferring with vendors and services
- Develop, test, evaluate, and install enhancements and new systems
- Undertake Incident and Service Request resolution for the services within the portfolio in line with service level expectations
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in an IT customer service and technical role with a demonstrated ability to manage and support the relevant computing systems
- Demonstrated ability in the systems administration and support for Windows environment with a user base in excess of 100 users
- Experience in deployment, testing, and support of a complex client or server application environment
- The ability to provide guidance on systems to colleagues, internal stakeholders and customers
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships with business representatives, customers and suppliers
- The ability to demonstrate systems analysis skills, critical thinking and problem solving
Whilst not essential, a degree in information technology and vendor certification such as will be an advantage.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 defence security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.