Operations Services (OS) was established with the single goal of focusing on front line operators and maintainers. Completing work previously by service contractors, OS is providing permanent employment to a growing team of more than 3000 employees.
OS has smaller teams so you can expect a really genuine connection to your supervisor and your peers. Work in an environment where safety is central to everything we do and support is always at hand. We work in a high performance culture proactively identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and development.
What is on offer?
- Permanent positions
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Even time rosters & camp accommodation – FIFO from Perth
- Flexible work options – part-time, job share
- Generous share match scheme
- Novated leasing
- Endless career progression opportunities
- A broad range of discounts through our employee benefits package
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistant Program
<span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">We are now accepting expressions of interest for future roles that will be based in Western Australia across our Iron Ore operations. If you are an experienced Belt Splicer ideally from mining, civil, automotive, construction or marine industries, there are opportunities for you to join the OS team.
<span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">The following experience is required:
- <span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Relevant experience working in mining as a Belt Splicer or Conveyor System Technician
- <span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Skills and knowledge to splice steel-cord belt
<span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Additionally, the following experience is highly regarded:
- <span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Belt splicing/Polymer Processing qualification
- <span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">High Risk Work License
- <span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Confined Spaces ticket
- <span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Working at Heights ticket
- <span style="font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif">Gas Test Atmospheres ticket
You can expect an attractive even time roster with the ability to work across multiple sites, competitive remuneration, including annual bonus, annual pay reviews. Through our Mastery program you will have an individual professional development plan which will continuously focus on developing you to be the best you can be.
We can only achieve our goals if we have the best people on board.
We are looking for the following talents:
- Past exposure to the WA Mining industry advantageous, although not essential
- Demonstrated technical skills carrying out conveyor belt splices & repairs
- Highly safety focused
- Relevant tickets & licenses
- Keen to learn with a willingness for self-improvement
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Effective listening and strong interpersonal skills
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and other extended leave entitlements.
To learn more about Operations Services click on the link below:
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to attend one of our Virtual Engagement Centres.
At BHP we appreciate that everyone is different and welcome applicants who are looking for part time or flexible working patterns
Apply today and be part of the BHP OS family.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Please note that due to COVID-19, it is a requirement that all candidates reside in the state in which they are to be hired. For this particular expression of interest, all candidates must reside in Western Australia.
This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures.
These changes if applicable will be discussed during the recruitment process.