At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
- Nickel West value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment
- BHP Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Female and Indigenous applicants to apply
Reporting to the Superintendent – Mechanical Reliability Concentrators, the Reliability Engineer will be involved in supporting the sites’ maintenance function to achieve maintenance excellence. We are seeking an Engineer with a driving commitment to safe work practices with a proactive approach to improving equipment reliability used for Nickel Processing.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Engage in daily safety activities and discussions to promote achievement of personal and team safety goals
- Review Equipment/Plant performance against set targets
- Review Work Management metrics against set targets
- Build strong relationships with trades, management and peers to influence and gain information, ensuring ownership is taken and actions completed.
- Action investigations (RCA’s) from identified gaps in equipment and work management performance.
- Govern equipment strategies for assigned equipment, monitor performance of these strategies and improve as required.
- Review maintenance execution quality, and support execution team by capturing best practice in maintenance methods.
- Work with Planning and Execution teams to develop equipment strategies for new equipment.
- Manage Classified Plant records and initiate required actions from classified plant inspections
- A current driver’s license
- Proven experience in an open cut mining operation
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (Preferred), or a closely related discipline
- Previous Reliability Engineering experience (preferred)
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Nickel West Mt Keith is located 460 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in the Northern Goldfields. Nickel West Mt Keith is a surface mining operation with multiple open pits and a concentrator plant. The operation is surrounded by pastoral stations, with the nearest townships being Leinster and Wiluna. There’s plenty to keep you entertained in the Mt Keith Village. Take the heat off the day and head to the pool – or join in any number of social activities. Employees commute to and from Perth on a fly in / fly out roster or from regional areas on a drive in / drive out roster.
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.