At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success. If you are motivated, driven, reliable and proud come and join the BHP OS family. Are you ready to make your place?
Operations Services (OS) was established with the single goal of focusing on front line operators and maintainers. Completing work previously performed by service contractors, Operations Services is providing permanent employment to a growing team of more than 3000 employees. OS is committed to increase employment opportunities for Australian regional communities by delivering stability and sustainability that is good for our people and good for the communities.
About the role
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">We are currently recruiting <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">EXPERIENCED and <span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">SAFETY focused Diesel Fitters. This is a great opportunity to join our team located in Central Queensland.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">We are looking for the following experience:
- <span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">A solid background in maintaining and repairing excavators is ESSENTIAL
- <span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Previous experience repairing and maintaining Terex, O&K OR CAT Excavators – (RH170/6040, RH120/6030, RH340/6060) will be highly regarded
- <span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif"><span style="font-family:"Arial",sans-serif">Exposure to working on Hitachi ZX870 (60T) or Komatsu PC1250SP is preferred
The smaller team structure in Operations Services allow us to create authentic connection between crews and supervisors with a passion to delivery high quality work and a genuine focus on safety.
You can also expect:
- Permanent employment with BHP with all the benefits of full-time work
- Competitive remuneration
- Annual bonus scheme
- Continuous focus on developing you to be the best you can be through our Mastery Program
- Generous share match scheme
- Various leave options
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program
Transportation to site is provided from the main regional cities and will be discussed during the recruitment process.
The OS Team is building a team who represent:
- A high commitment to safety, quality and attention to detail and procedure
- The ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- A strong desire to learn and a high level of enthusiasm to develop a range of new skills
- Effective listening and well developed interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive reading and writing skills
- A teamwork mentality to achieve result
This is your opportunity to join a team with genuine career and learning opportunities, in a secure permanent position. Make your next step secure and take your career to the next level. Apply today and be part of the OS family. Regionally based candidates encouraged to apply.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
The safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage.