HR Services is a global team established within EY Global Business Enablement, responsible for HR processes, transactions and technology across our global organization. The mission of HR Services is to deliver world class globally consistent processes and enabling technology.
EY has been on an exciting multiyear HR system transformation journey that is delivering an integrated enterprise-wide cloud-based HR platform which enables the organization to meet its strategic talent/business goals.
The Continuous Improvement Subject Matter Expert (SME) is a key member of the HR Systems Product Support team, responsible for the delivery and support of high quality, proactive technology solutions to our clients for global EY HR systems. This role, reporting to the Continuous Improvement Leader, will manage all functional operations activities and is involved in quality testing, issues and defect management and supporting continuous improvement initiatives across our SuccessFactors integrated technology landscape.
Your key responsibilities
- Identifies opportunities for product improvements, as well as proposes options for those improvements, and works closely with the HR Systems Portfolio Manager on validating and prioritizing them.
- Partners with the HR Systems Design & Deployment Team and Transition Acceptance Lead to ensure successful transition of new systems into a business as usual (BAU) and continuous improvement environment.
- Partners closely with the Product Support Operations team to plan for and support each product throughout all milestone events, following the schedule that has been agreed to by the business. This includes configuration and coordination with Vendor and other internal teams, to ensure the system will be ready for use within the timeframe required.
- Monitors issue logs and KPIs, supporting day-to-day operations of talent technology.
- Works closely with the Vendor Manager to deliver improvements and updates within a support environment.
- Proactively manages release cycles and updates, conducting in-depth change impact assessments, identifying risks and benefits, and developing implementation plans that are delivered to within agreed timelines.
- Identifies risks that exist in the current environment and proposes solutions.
- Manages the lifecycle of defects and enhancements using established processes & tools.
- Stays up to date on HR systems market trends, identifying ways to improve our systems.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships within HR Services, HR Systems, Global Talent Function, Process Leaders and IT Services teams.
- Acts as an escalation point/third level support for issues that require intervention, ensuring the appropriate resources from the Vendor and relevant HR Systems and IT Services teams are engaged.
- Teams with vendors to ensure planned releases and updates are managed proactively, ensuring business objectives are met.
- Performs primary analysis and provides feedback on diverse requirements and change requests from multiple countries.
- Maintains a pulse on user feedback and provides prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges to improve the user experience.
- Works with the customer and various teams to evaluate and prioritize defects and enhancements as required; and to understand and communicate potential impacts of recommended changes.
- Maintains up-to date knowledge on HR systems issues and trends.
- Global travel may be required pending business needs.
- Due to the global nature of the role, you will need to work outside of normal business hours to accommodate calls and meetings across time zones, and will need to partner and team with team members, clients and stakeholders virtually and across borders.
The Continuous Improvement SME may have day to day supervisory requirements when required. However, they will work closely with Product Support Service Delivery Managers and their teams to ensure our team delivers effective support services across our systems. It is important that through the daily operations of the role the Continuous Improvement SME maintains a positive and motivational outlook.