|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Transport Services Construction team is growing rapidly, with ambitious goals and we have a newly created role for a Project Manager to join us during this exciting phase. To be part of this results driven, professional team could be a real catalyst in your career journey.
Based in Whangarei and working across the wider Northland region, you’ll be reporting to the Construction Manager, with a core focus on horizontal civil construction projects valued between $5 – 15 million. Think streetscapes, bridges, roads and the like.
You’ll be responsible for the planning and delivery of all aspects of end-to-end horizontal civil construction, (from scoping projects, planning methodologies through to delivery and managing the financial outcomes of projects), ensuring they run efficiently and deliver the optimum outcomes.
About the role
You’ll support our Construction Manager in providing the necessary direction and leadership to the project team, as well as:
- Ensure our team has an unwavering focus on zero harm
- Enhance our strong relationships with our clients and delivering as promised, every time
- Grow the team, and the capability of the team by providing clear and positive leadership
- Guarantee that we deliver projects as expected
- Work with the Construction & Regional Operations Manager to retain and enhance current business and develop capability to deliver on new business opportunities
- Lead the associated operational teams in delivering successful outcomes
As an experienced Project Manager, you’ll know and understand the construction industry and all the challenges and opportunities that it brings. You’ll couple this with:
- Experience and understanding of financial management, budget management and reporting
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage and influence at all levels
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively
- Robust ability to develop positive relationships with, and obtain co-operation from clients, internal and external delivery teams
It goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway, you’ll also need to possess:
- A proven track record in developing a culture that supports Zero Harm management, encouraging and rewarding excellence
- Proven experience in delivering complex construction, maintenance and operational services, preferably from construction and roading sectors
What’s in it for you?
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then we’d love to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your skills and advance your career. Apply online by heading to www.downercareers.co.nz keyword search: 574424
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free – all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.