|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Surfacing crew have secured long term contracts in the region, so we are now looking for trainee and experienced Bitumen Sprayer Operators to join us in Dannevirke.
This is a great opportunity to start your career in our Sealing Operations team. If you are an enthusiastic individual who is looking to develop your skills and gain experience as a Sprayer Operator, then this is the opportunity to have been waiting for.
As a Sprayer Operator, you’ll play a significant role in the crew providing a quality service to our community by being involved in a number of road sealing activities. You’ll be responsible for spraying cold bitumen, operating the spraying truck, chip sealing and other duties to assist your crew. This role comes with variety, so no two days will be the same!
You’ll be keen, eager, willing to learn and prepared to put in an honest day’s work and in return we offer:
- A generous and rewarding hourly rate
- Full Time hours (Work 40 hours plus per week) with the potential for overtime work
- Job security along with training and development opportunities
- Spending your days outdoors providing a quality service to our communities
- Uniform and safety gear provided
Along with your positive attitude and your strong health and safety focus, there are a few essentials to what we are looking for:
- You will hold a Class 4 full New Zealand Drivers license and have obtained or have the ability to obtain W, T, R endorsements
- Preferably a licensed sprayer with a season of bitumen work under your belt
- Flexible in the hours you can work throughout the week with the ability to travel away from home
- Physically fit and enjoy being outdoors on your feet
This is a rewarding role where you get to achieve results daily!
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, visit www.downercareers.co.nz and enter 574492 into the keyword search.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.