|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Class 5 Truck Driver to join our Surfacing crew in Dannevirke as we have secured long term work in the region. This is a great opportunity to work in a progressive community, whilst enjoying a quality lifestyle with a great company!
You’ll be keen, eager, willing to learn and prepared to put in an honest day’s work and in return we offer:
- A generous and rewarding hourly rate
- Full Time hours (Work 40 hours plus per week) with the potential for overtime work
- Job security along with training and development opportunities
- Spending your days outdoors providing a quality service to our communities
- Uniform and safety gear provided
In this role, you’ll be driving Chip Seal trucks transporting a range of machinery and working as part of your crew with a focus on general maintenance of your plant. If you are interested in roading, carting aggregate and enjoy travelling around the region this could be the position for you!
Along with your positive attitude and your strong health and safety focus, there are a few essentials to what we are looking for:
- You will hold a Class 5 full New Zealand Drivers license
- Previous experience working in Chip Sealing preferred
- Flexible in the hours you can work throughout the week with the ability to travel away from home
- Physically fit and enjoy being outdoors on your feet
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, visit www.downercareers.co.nz and enter 574490 into the keyword search.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.