Last updated 19 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What we are looking for:
As the leader of Ecosystem product marketing, you will lead a team of product and partner marketers to develop and execute effective marketing strategies that drive outcomes in two key areas: 1) awareness of the Xero platform value prop that results in 3rd party innovation and apps in our ecosystem and 2) demand from our small business and accounting customers for those apps.
You will collaborate closely with the EGM of Ecosystem, and the portfolio Product GMs, as well as other stakeholders across the business, to understand needs and opportunities as you develop and execute your strategy. You will also represent Ecosystem on key teams including marketing and comms, product marketing, and partnerships.
This role is based in either Auckland or Wellington
What you’ll do:
Some of the activities you’ll undertake either directly, or through the coaching and instruction of your team;
- Lead the product marketing strategy, plan, positioning, messaging for the ecosystem portfolio
- Lead a high performing, diverse team, attract talent, and foster cross team collaboration and knowledge sharing and growth, whilst also providing strong embedded capabilities back into the GM portfolios
- Collaborate with ecosystem product GMs and your team to develop and execute strategy against each portfolio, including:
‣ Customer and market insights to inform product roadmaps
‣ GTM strategies for new developer platform product and technology
‣ Developer, partner and brand marketing & evangelism to drive awareness and acquisition of new
developers and app partners, as well as engagement loyalty of existing partnerships
‣ Product marketing, GTM and channel enablement of the appstore and key ecosystem partnerships
- Participate in setting the product vision and strategy with the EGM and Product GMs
- Responsible for the launch and on-going management of products updates, enhancements
and variations, internally and externally
- Lead enablement of key sales and partner channels, including messaging, resources and activities
- Ensure effective, data led digital marketing that drives volume and conversion through key funnels (eg developer acquisition, app store visitors, revenue)
- Represent and align Ecosystem product and GTM strategy on key leadership teams at Xero including Product Marketing, Global Marketing (including digital, comms and brand), and Partnerships
- Work with customers, product leaders/managers and designers to sustain and extend a deep understanding of customer problems and pain-points that our existing products (and near-term releases) solve. And, translate these insights into powerful storytelling presentations, GTM campaigns and resources
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of relevant product marketing or product management experience
- 3+ years of leadership or managing in a marketing or other role, especially experience of managing remote teams
- Experience working cross functionally in teams spanning departments or geographies
- Experience working with sales or channel teams, driving effectiveness through enablement programmes or resources
- Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values internally, to sales teams, to customers and to industry influencers and journalists
- Proven experience in the creation and development of product strategy, positioning and messaging
- Experience in the Small Business, Startup, SaaS or Accounting industry highly sought after
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.