|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno is currently seeking a Civil Engineer and future leader to support our growing Infrastructure team. In addition to our long history in Urban Development, Cardno has been appointed to Main Roads WA's Engineering Technical Services Panel as well as PTA's Network and Infrastructure Panel. These panels as well as our continuing growth with Local and State Government Authorities, Commercial and Urban clients provides the opportunity to work on diverse and complex projects.
Located in West Perth, you will be part of a social and dynamic office that values their people and communities. Our office is in walking distance to Kings Park and Elizabeth Quay, as well as being only a short bus ride to our Central Business District.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Preparation of civil engineering and design services for a range of project elements including roadworks, stormwater and other infrastructure using best practice methodologies and techniques.
- Engaging with clients to develop innovative solutions and resolution of complex design issues.
- Providing technical input into scope of works and timing of projects.
- Conducting site visits and investigations and assisting in field surveys.
- Mentoring for junior design teams.
- Administering Construction Contracts.
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering combined with demonstrated 3-7 years' experience within a civil infrastructure project environment (with specific exposure to roads and drainage projects).
- A team focus, with an aspiration to lead and drive your career
- Experience working on Main Roads or Public Transport Authority projects advantageous
- Relevant knowledge of design standards and legislation
- Ability to demonstrate originality in devising practical and economic solutions to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to liaise with the team, managers and clients.
- Commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.