|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for a Business Development Director for a leadership position within our Australian Defence and Intelligence business unit. The Business Development Director will drive the business Strategy for capturing large transformation deals with a particular focus on working with military systems integrators (MSI).
- Deep focus on growth, the government customer mission, and developing relationships with MSI stakeholders.
- Manage and execute full business development life cycle, including responsibility for winning net-new contracts.
- Coordinate and lead face-to-face customer meetings with senior management and C-Level Executives.
- Create and lead strategic efforts to identify new markets and emerging opportunities for Microsoft.
- Perform market compete analysis, identify gaps, and lead solution development.
- Identify large, multi-year deals and develop relationships with associated key business decision makers.
- Build & Maintain Relationships within our partner ecosystem – deeply understand the system integrator and consulting business model and sales cycle.
- Consistently provide accurate strategic pipelines forecasts and drive progress on large deals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Coordinate closely with sales, marketing, engineering, government affairs, and communications to lead new business initiatives, marketing campaigns, and client outreach.
The Business Development Director should have extensive experience working with the Defence and Intelligence community and should be deeply familiar with the organizational makeup, core missions and strategies of mission systems, and government information technology environments. Knowledge of and work experience with specific Government programs and the Government acquisition cycles as it relates to large mission support capture pursuits is mandatory.
The Business Development Director will have 15+ years technology business development and/or consulting experience working with the Australian Defence and Intelligence community. A professional leader and communicator who is comfortable in front of large groups as well as senior government and industry personnel and should have a good understanding of Microsoft solutions and associated technologies, particularly Cloud. Have a strong expertise with enterprise solutions; exceptional leadership, negotiation, organizational, creative, presentation, written and verbal communication skills,
The successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen.
The successful candidate must have an NV1 Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Although this role is an individual within a team, you will need to assemble, guide and lead ad-hoc teams. Success in this role depends on collaboration with generalists and specialists across Microsoft (including partners, services, engineering and business development).
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Australian Government NV1 Clearance, including the prerequisite of Australian citizenship.
This role will be based in Canberra, Australia. Some travel will be required (<20%).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.