|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft Defence and Intelligence team is seeking an innovative, organized, and dependable senior program director to join our growing team. You must be detail-oriented and a master collaborator, ready to prepare, plan and implement major program initiatives and monitor their progress to completion.
In this role you will work with some of Microsoft’s largest customers and partners across Defence and National Security. You will have a strong track record of understanding and engaging with Defence and National Security agencies and be adept at driving results and impact in complex environments.
- Develop an effective plan of action for running our programs from inception to completion including the development of effective governance and reporting systems
- Manage daily operations that support and implement our current program objectives
- Strategically map-out a program schedule and timeline and ensure it is followed
- Oversee and advise program staff in various tasks
- Ensure the smooth and proper functioning of current programs
- Assess and manage program risks
- Suggest innovative plans and processes to improve program functions
- Develop work systems and processes that effectively drive productivity
- Suggest and help create marketing initiatives to increase awareness of the program
- Set goals for the programs and track progress, set-backs, and overall performance
- Track, record, and compile program performance data
- Analyze program results and present findings to management
- Seek out new and creative program ideas to implement
- Prepare and maintain budgets
- Help secure and manage program related funding
- Provide strategic vision and strong leadership while directing our programs
- Ensure programs always support and advance the organization’s mission
Mandatory requirements for the role include:
A current Australian Security Clearance of at least NV1 including Australian Citizenship. This is a mandatory requirement for this role.
More than 10 years’ experience in large scale program leadership in federal government sectors of defence, national security, law enforcement or border protection
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in customer facing roles as well as engagement with engineering and product development teams
- Success leading discussions with senior customer and partner executives
- Ability to think and operate broadly, driving key decisions and implementation
- Presentation experience, public speaking skills and strong communication abilities
- A growth mindset with a desire to experiment, learn and adapt to challenging and ambiguous situations
- Team management experience
- Organised and details oriented
Although this role is an individual within a team, you will need to assemble, guide and lead ad-hoc teams. Success in this role depends on collaboration with generalists and specialists across Microsoft (including partners, services, engineering and business development).
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Australian Government NV1 Clearance, including the prerequisite of Australian citizenship.
This role will be based in Canberra, Australia. Some travel will be required (<20%).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.