|Job Type:||Full Time|
Remuneration/Benefit: As per EA
- Opportunity to make a difference in a Top 50 ASX listed company
- Organisational culture that proudly supports inclusion and diversity
- Contribute to upholding an enterprise-wide safety culture
Are you passionate about trains and are a qualified Locomotive Driver? Would you like to be part of an organisation that boosts the economy of regional Australia? This may be the perfect position for you!
As a provider of essential freight and logistics services, Aurizon continues to support the needs of our customers and the Australian economy during the current period of disruption. Aurizon is committed to growing our business and we are seeking your support to help us achieve this goal.
Cloncurry was crowned Australia’s Friendliest Town by the environmental movement Keep Australia Beautiful in 2013 and 2018 and is an incredibly scenic, quiet, and relaxed town. You will get to drive a diversity of trains including mineral, cattle, acid, and fertiliser trains, and drive across a diverse range of tracks spanning 600km from Phosphate Hill to Mt Isa, and Julia Creek to Richmond. Most people come for a visit and stay for a lifetime…
About the role:
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure
- Operation of locomotives including mainline, shunting, and marshalling
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures
- Maintain a high level of on-time running
- Prepare and conduct brake testing on locomotives
- Provide high quality customer service to enable Aurizon to meet its set business objectives
- A certificate IV in Rail Operations is mandatory
- Current unrestricted Class C drivers licence is mandatory
- Extensive freight and/or heavy haulage locomotive driving experience.
- Must be available to work 24/7 shift roster
- Experience in WA Safeworking System is advantageous
- Live and breathe safety
- Enjoyment from working in a team and providing customer focus
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits her
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 74235), please contact James Tooley on 07 3019 1973.