The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are growing and we are looking for a Communications specialist who wants to make a difference, be involved in high profile transactions and who is ready to contribute their communications expertise to building a better working world.
Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) is part of a rapidly growing, specialised team in EY Oceania that stands out for a few reasons:
- We are the largest dedicated integrations, separations and transition practice in Oceania
- We combine both operational and transaction experience
- Over half of the ASX top 20 are our clients
- EY’s Strategy and Transactions division ranked first for four years running in Mergermarket’s Accountant Advisor league tables on highest value and volume of deals
Our team is currently investing in our Communications service offering and is looking for a motivated and experienced individual with a Communications background to lead and drive the exciting growth that we are experiencing in this area.
We cover a wide range of operational aspects in a transaction, including synergy assessments, separation readiness and support, operational due diligence and supporting the integration or separation process. With an unrivalled track record in the industry, you will have the opportunity to be our leading communications specialist, advising on the most interesting transactions in the market
Your key responsibilities
As a transaction communication advisor within our team, you will support and deliver projects from a stakeholder and communication perspective. Your responsibilities include:
- Developing and presenting deliverables such as stakeholder analyses, communication strategies, communication plans and communication materials to clients
- Identifying key communication needs, issues and risks and mitigating these through communication mechanisms
- Advising clients on their communication needs
- Collaborating with client brand and marketing teams on their rebranding requirements
- Managing project and engagement teams and leading by the EY values
- Supporting in business development activities
- Collaborating widely with the broader SaT division and EY
- Strong track record (4 years ) of corporate experience in a dedicated Communications role (e.g., Head of Communications, Communications Director, Communications Manager etc.)
- Transaction or organisational transformation experience is a plus
- Strong experience with internal and external (e.g. customers, suppliers, shareholders, regulators, advisors) communications, preferably within a transaction environment
- Advanced problem-solving skills, curiosity and creative thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in delivering high-quality communication materials
- Adept at building strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and senior clients, including influencing and advising key decision makers
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and other applications
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong branding / rebranding experience is a plus