|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources and energy sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Due to continued growth, Downer Mining has an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Maintenance Foreperson to join our Mining team working on our Eliwana project, a Greenfields iron ore project in the Pilbara. 2:1 D/N Roster FIFO Perth.
As Maintenance Foreperson you will be responsible for overseeing auto electrical, plant mechanical, boilermaker and serviceperson repairs and maintenance of mobile mining equipment in accordance with plant maintenance and safety procedures. The role will be responsible for:
- Ensuring service and maintenance of site plant is compliant to Australian, Downer and site standards;
- Coordinating field breakdown situations;
- Coordinating and plan maintenance, servicing and mobilisation of mobile plant;
- Sourcing and utilize technical information, technical bulletins, OEM procedures and data from various sources;
- Managing cost control, source parts and resources economically;
- Conducting regular inspections of fleet to maximise equipment availability and reliability
- Maintaining high standard of housekeeping always
- Managing performance issues and provide reviews on employees
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Solid experience working at a Supervisory level and have the capacity to lead your team to achieve a high level of results
- Strong knowledge of workplace safety & experience in a broad range of safety activities
- Experience monitoring mining equipment and processes in an open cut mining environment
- Previous mobile plant experience essential with Trade qualification with post-trade experience working in the mining and heavy earth moving industry;
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating and planning operations in an open cut mining environment
- Systems experience with AMT, JDEGS, SIS preferred;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on developing effective relationships and team building;
Familiarity with the following equipment
- Excavators: 250T – 400T (Liebherr, Hitachi and CAT)"
- Dump Trucks: Cat 785, MT4400
- Loaders: Cat 992, 993, 994
- Dozers: D10, 845 wheel dozers
- Graders: Cat 16M, 24M
- Drills: D65 Atlas, Epiroc PV271
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to join a dynamic team and develop your career within a highly successful diversified engineering and services business, on a brand-new project with a long mine life. Eliwana is a new site with a 5 year maintenance contract. The camp is brand new and comes with all expected modern amenities. We promote and encourage a healthy work/life balance which includes your own private en-suited room. Rosters are 2:1 Day/Night
At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear, and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your current resume to this application. For any queries or help with your application please contact Patrick Hardie on 08 6212 9519 or email Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.