The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
EY’s Strategy and Transactions (SaT) division offers corporate, government and private equity clients’ professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to deal execution, and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic objectives.
We are looking for a Manager within the Transaction Strategy and Execution IT team in our Melbourne office. This role is offered on a flexible full time or part time basis.
As part of the TSE Transaction IT team, you will advise and support clients through the deal lifecycle, providing a range of sell-side and buy-side IT advice to clients. Services range from complex IT due diligence, post-merger IT integration, IT carve out/separation and post deal value enhancement through IT levers.
This is a key role where you will have the opportunity to be part of a growing Melbourne team.
- Lead the delivery of IT due diligence, IT post-merger integration and IT separation/carve-out assignments from inception to completion including project management and report writing
- Build and maintain effective client relationships with senior stakeholders and be accountable for a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and work products
- Train, oversee and motivate a team of high-performing IT transaction professionals, working within the broader TSE team in Melbourne and nationally
- Maintain IT industry thought leadership on relevant topics such as enterprise IT infrastructure, application migration, cybersecurity and digital and analytics
- Project Management – lead project teams comprising of colleagues across the Strategy and Transactions division
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with sound business acumen to drive value for our clients
- Written Reports – effective report structuring and English writing skills, producing written work of the highest quality
- Problem-solving – ability to deal with ambiguous challenges and work with assumptions to drive through to solutions on challenging IT transition situations
- Business Development – contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- People development – coach and mentor team members to support achievement of their career goals
- Building Relationships - effective working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Broad knowledge of key IT functions such as Enterprise Architecture, IT Strategy and Governance, Systems Integration, Application Development, IT Service Delivery and Infrastructure Management
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, or Analytics and a minimum of 6 years of related work experience
- Experience in an IT mergers or acquisitions transactions role
- Experience in business integrations, divestitures, and/or carve-outs with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- The ability to synthesise approaches to complex integration/divestiture conflicts
- Experience leading and managing projects and teams in complex business environments
- The ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry