|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our people are committed to what we do and at Downer NZ, we work together as a team to deliver on our promise to continue to be 'the number one supplier of infrastructure services in New Zealand. We are now looking for committed Excavator Operators to join our crew in Dunedin as we have recently secured long-term contracts in our city!
- Stable employment with an industry leader and a rewarding hourly rate
- Full time hours guaranteed – 80 hours per fortnight and other benefits
- A real focus on a safe working environment including your uniform and safety gear provided
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career – this is just the start!
About the role:
Our Construction division undertakes a wide variety of civil works involving road construction, kerbing, footpath works and drainage/service installation. This variety of work offers opportunities to undertake a wide range of tasks that includes operating a range of machinery from Excavators, Class 2 trucks, using small plant and general labouring.
This is a role where you can achieve results daily!
Who is this for?
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced machine operators with a proven track record of operating to a high standard.
Along with your positive and friendly attitude, you will also have:
- Experience operating an Excavator and a range of construction machinery
- Class 1 Full New Zealand Drivers License and WTR endorsements (Class 2 license will be beneficial)
- Ability and willingness to work safely and be responsible for the safe operation of sites
- You will be physically fit and enjoy spending your days out doors and on your feet.
If you are looking to work with a close-knit crew that are motivated and results driven, then we want to hear from you!
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 574628 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.