|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
Your new team
Our Investments Department values its people and capability above all. Having made the decision ten years ago to build our inhouse investment management capability means you are surrounded by an ever-growing cohort of globally experienced and highly talented investment professionals. Our investment team comprised over 160 full time professionals, is galvanised by our "members first" ethos and "one fund, one team" culture.
Our capability spans three portfolio groups (Equities, Mid Risk Portfolios, and Fixed Income, Cash & Currency), is enhanced by our Asset Allocation & Research and Total Portfolio Management teams, and enabled by our Capital Markets, Investment Group Management and International Platform. Mid Risk Portfolios comprises our infrastructure, real estate and credit asset class teams overlaid with portfolio strategy, research and risk specialists at the portfolio group level.
The Infrastructure Portfolio Strategy involves the ongoing pursuit and management of direct infrastructure investments within targeted subsectors across global developed markets, along with development of potential investment strategies through SMAs with managers, platforms and targeted emerging markets investments.
Reporting in to a Senior Investment Director within the infrastructure team you will be joining a team of expert investors who will support and develop you to ensure you achieve excellent outcomes.
Your new role
As a Senior Investment Analyst (SIA) within the Mid Risk Group, you will use your broad-based analytical skills and emerging commercial acumen to accurately identify and analyse key investment issues, make recommendations to senior colleagues and informally mentor and coach junior staff.
Your growing knowledge of the market will help you in assisting the team identify relevant investment opportunities that complement the existing portfolio. You will work collaboratively to lead excellent financial modelling outcomes for the portfolio. You will recommend, implement and oversee high quality reporting and research in accordance with regular requirements, pertinent to the strategic priorities of the portfolio.
Consistent with our "One Portfolio" approach, you will proactively collaborate with peers and colleagues within the Mid Risk Group to share investment insights and assess opportunities.
Specifically, the SIA will support implementation of the Infrastructure Portfolio Strategy by contributing to new transactional investment activity together with ongoing investment management.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- To assist in the investment review, analysis and execution of new infrastructure investment opportunities that meet the Infrastructure Strategy and selective divestment activity.
- Assist senior Infrastructure Team members in investment management of assets within the Infrastructure Portfolio.
- Assist in the effective execution of the Infrastructure Portfolio Strategy within Mid Risk.
- Development and mentoring of junior team members, particularly around financial modelling.
- More broadly provide support across the Mid Risk portfolio strategies
- Ideally you bring 4-6 years' worth of experience in infrastructure transactions and asset management obtained through roles in investment banking/advisory or direct investment management.
- Strategic and creative thinking skills.
- Strong knowledge of valuation principles and practices for unlisted infrastructure assets.
- Developing ability to accurately identify key investment issues and effectively communicate them within the team.
- Experience coordinating and managing workstreams in respect of infrastructure transactions.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong quantitative financial modelling skills.
- Ability to coach and develop junior team members particularly around training and guidance with respect to financial modelling.
- Advanced use of MS Office products especially Excel.
What you will get in return
This role will offer the opportunity to grow your skill set, giving you opportunity to use your current knowledge while learning skills across the broader Mid Risk team. Furthermore, will you have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, Be Bold, Be you.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.