|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
The question of 'Value' consistently underpins the decision-making process of Boards, management, investors and other stakeholders - the current business environment this has never been more true. Our specialist Valuations team provides value related advice, assisting clients in managing value throughout the business cycle in circumstances relating to M&A transactions, financial reporting, tax, litigation and management decision-making. We are Australia's leading corporate valuations team and have prepared more independent expert reports than any of our major competitors in the Australian market place.
We invest in our people, so you will have access to leading training and development opportunities, allowing you to develop both personally and technically.
What will your typical day look like?
The role will provide you the opportunity to build a technical skill-set while taking a leadership role in project management and executing a range of complex engagements such as high-profile transactions involving private companies, private equity backed companies, ASX-listed corporates, large scale or unique business/asset valuations, and complex valuations involving bespoke modelling and analytics.
More specifically, working in a high-calibre and collegial team, you will be involved in the following:
- In-depth company, economic, industry, capital markets and competitor research, data analysis and benchmarking
- Employment of various valuation methodologies such as discounted cash flow, earnings multiples, excess earnings, comparative sales and replacement cost methods, capital asset pricing model, etc
- Bespoke financial modelling to facilitate the valuation, including scenario/sensitivity/statistical analysis
- Review of valuation reports, exhibits, letters and other client deliverables
- Participation in business development initiatives, both with the Partners in the team, and through developing your personal network
- Leading and mentoring a small team, including contributing to the provision of formal and informal training
- Managing client relationships and leading discussions during client meetings
- Project managing engagements, including tracking delivery against engagement timelines and budgets
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
Our preferred candidate is a natural collaborator who is able to think unconventionally, problem solve and apply commercial thinking to challenge the status quo in designing solutions to real and technical problems. We seek (and reward) talent with a strong problem-solving attitude founded on the use of innovative solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous business and intangible asset valuation experience
- Strong experience in applying generally accepted valuation approaches: cost, market and income approach
- Strong MS Excel modelling and/or programming skills
- Ideally have a Bachelor or Master's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, actuarial or data science, with relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CA, CFA, MBA or Masters in Finance)
- A market presence and/or desire to build a profile within the Adelaide finance community
- Previous leadership experience as this role will see you managing projects to support the timely delivery of engagements, whilst simultaneously playing a critically valuable mentorship role to the junior team and building capability and supporting their career development
- Strong project management and communications skills, including a track record of delivering outstanding client service in compressed timeframes
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request.