|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are:
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems is seeking to engage an ICT Inclusion and Assistive Technology Services Officer to provide advisory, governance and assurance functions to ensure compliance with the Australian Government legislation and policy on disability, inclusion and ICT accessibility.
- Provide ICT inclusion and accessibility subject matter expertise to ICT programs and projects and customers.
- Assure accessibility evaluations in accordance with WCAG and the Australian Government Digital Service Standard.
- Plan, prepare and deliver and advice on a wide range of ICT Assistive Technology communication documents including customer articles, service desk support articles and advisory emails and briefings.
- Manage complex ICT AT customer complaints to resolution.
- Identify opportunities for single and multi-year outcomes-based projects (work packages) and in-sourcing, including planning for, and enabling delivery of, capability via these methods.
- Plan, prepare and deliver ICT inclusion/accessibility related training to clients and colleagues.
- Knowledge of current Australian Government legislation and policy on disability, inclusion and ICT accessibility, their scope and application ideally to the Defence environment.
- Comprehensive and applied understanding of how people with disability perceive, navigate and operate graphical user interfaces with and without assistive technology.
- Comprehensive and applied understanding of how to engage with assistive technology users in the identification, management and representation of their needs.
- Comprehensive understanding of ICT assistive technologies and their functionality and interoperability in a work environment.
- Comprehensive stakeholder engagement.
- Extensive knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- Understanding of the current standards and guidelines published by the Australian government Digital Transformation Agency, and their scope and application.
- Experience in either customer service, service design and delivery, customer/employee/user experience, business or related field.
- Professional Certificate in Web Accessibility.
- IAAP Certification.
- Understanding of user-interface design, interaction design, information architecture, and usability best practice.
- Experience with common information technology industry lifecycles and practices.
- Exposure to functional testing ontologies, lifecycles, and practices.
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment
- A growing business where opportunities are favourable
- A great team where you are empowered to lead
- Salary Sacrifice and Novated Leasing
Due to client requirements candidates must be Australian citizens, ideally with a current Baseline or NV1 security clearance, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens cannot be considered.
(Please note: Downer Group does not accept applications via email).