The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
EY’s Strategy and Transactions (SaT) division offers corporate, government and private equity clients’ professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to deal execution, and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic objectives.
We are looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant for the Valuation Modelling and Economics (Plant & Equipment Valuation) team based in either our Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne office.
In this role you will focus on our Plant & Equipment valuation services, working in our team to carry out asset valuations for a blue-chip portfolio of clients. As a Plant & Equipment valuation professional you'll help global organisations make strategic decisions by providing responsive, objective advice in a range of situations, often around live transactions.
This role includes regular interstate travel.
- Prepare valuation models and reports for various types of tangible fixed assets and plant and equipment asset classes
- Prepare market research across various industries and asset types in order to estimate replacement costs and market values and to assess changes in technology
- Analyse financial and other information in relation to our clients
- Liaise with clients regarding business performance and prospects and understanding key valuation drivers
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business
- Use current technology and tools to provide asset management insights
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment
- Good interpersonal and client relationship skills
- High personal drive and motivation to succeed in a growing team with lots of opportunities
- Strong report writing and research skills
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Excel and Power Point (experience in working with PowerBI or other data analytics packages would also be viewed favourably)
- Prior experience (commercial/management/asset management) in asset intensive industries such as mining, oil and gas, or power and utilities will also be considered
- Ability to manage multiple commitments and stakeholders
- A relevant tertiary qualification is ideal but not essential. Relevant qualifications include Engineering, Property and Construction, Commerce or Finance
- Prior corporate or professional services experience will be advantageous
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and a sound grasp of financial accounting
- Demonstration of interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Keen interest in plant and machinery with prior valuation, cost estimating, data analytics, and/or asset management experience being advantageous