|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join ASX 100 finance leader
Stunning Brisbane CBD location
Suits an experienced Product Manager with demonstrated experience dealing with senior leaders in the finance space
About the Role
As the Senior Product Manager for Governance and Control will be oversee and champion the Product Governance Framework and schedule including control testing, proactive monitoring and control/E2E process mapping.
As Champion of the Group’s adherence to the key pillars of Product Governance:
Product Design – Ensuring new Group product development adheres to the Product Development Policy and all current Group products have appropriate product design.
Product Distribution – Ensuring Group products are being distributed to customers in accordance with each Product’s target market.
Product Operation – Ensuring Group products are operating as intended across all processes in the end-to-end value chain.
Product IT Architecture – Ensuring the necessary IT systems are in place to operate and distribute products effectively.
Product Risk Environment – Ensuring Product’s Risk Register is reflective of the current product risk environment and all risks have appropriate treatment actions in place.
Product Monitoring – Ensuring the necessary monitoring processes are in place and working effectively to identify new issues in the Product Environment.
Product Policy – Ensuring the Product and Services Pricing Policy and Product Development Policy align with the decisions by the Sub Committee for the above Product Pillars.
Key responsibilities include:
- Product Reviews ensuring strong Product Governance & Control that enables the quick identification of issues and speedy assessment, control and closure
- Ensures completion of Product Reporting (eg EXCO, Risk Committees, Group Product Governance Sub-Committee).
- Oversee the review of the Group Product Development Policy
- Drive completion of Audit action items and other Group Product activities ensuring timely comprehensive closure in line with deadlines
- Manage improvements to Group Product Governance engaging within Product and with Business and Risk stakeholders across the Bank to refine and enhance the Product Review Methodology
- Secretary of Group Product Governance Sub Committee
- Ensuring that the Bank’s products are performing as intended and are meeting product level strategy goals and Group-wide strategy, including Financial Performance, Strategic alignment and opportunities and Customer Experience
- Ensuring the appropriate controls and processes are in place and potential risks and issues are raised and addressed in a comprehensive and timely manner
- At least 5-10 years banking and financial services experience
- Experience in overseeing product risk control frameworks
- Experience in product and/or portfolio management and possess a high level of numeracy to manage revenue and cost drivers
- Proven experience in process mapping and process improvement
- Demonstrated end-to-end development and delivery of successful product initiatives including the business case development and execution of initiatives.
- Strong commercial acumen, influencing skills and stakeholder management to drive business outcomes
- Understand the regulatory environment and liaise with the Risk, Compliance and Legal teams to ensure the business meets legal and compliance requirements
- Work closely with customer experience team and partner to ensure products and services meet the required levels
- Complete management reports and commentary
- A tertiary qualification in business or finance would be essential
- Experience and contribution to large scale transformation programs
- Experience in presenting at all levels of the organisation
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.