|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting opportunity to join a reputable company with a collaborative culture
- Competitive salary & great company benefits
- 2 x Fixed Term Contract roles available based in Eastern Creek
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Program Schedule Manager to join the Substations and Communications team at TransGrid on a 2 year Fixed Term Contract. Based in Eastern Creek, this role will develop and maintain project schedules for the entire construction program.
Reporting to the Program Manager – Substations, you will also be responsible for developing detailed and accurate resource plans to enable the delivery of the program with the most appropriate and efficient resources.
To be considered for this role you will have solid experience in managing project schedules particularly in the power industry.
As a Program Schedule Manager you will:
- Implement project scheduling processes and systems
- Facilitate effective reporting and management of projects
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively negotiate deadlines and resource levelling issues across the business
- Review and integrate contract delivery schedules to ensure appropriate site management and project coordination services are provided.
- Identify, recommend, and drive continuous system improvements
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at a degree level in an appropriate discipline or, proven equivalent experience in a related field
- Extensive understanding of project management, program administration, and reporting in a capital intensive industry
- Experience in using and managing MS Project schedules for projects particularly in the power industry is essential
- Experience with large substation and transmission line projects is essential
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- High level negotiation skills
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and managing stakeholders
- High level written and verbal communication skills
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Salary sacrifice options for superannuation and motor vehicles (subject to ATO requirements)
- 18 days personal leave (sick /carer’s leave)
- Moving leave
- Emergency/disaster leave
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
Applications close on Friday, 4 December 2020
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.