Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
About the role
The Production Manager is responsible for the execution maintenance of activities in a safe manner by planning, managing and controlling the personnel and materials on the facility to ensure production activities to achieve timely performance, compliance with customer requirements, contractual obligation and maximum efficiency.
- Manage and directs site personnel on the project
- Work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- Prepare and update the project risk register
- Attend site meetings with senior management to discuss progress of project, HSE compliance and other project issues
- Ensures efficient scheduling, planning and labour resource management
- Review project master schedule to optimise manning levels and timely completion of contract works
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members (direct & indirect), so that all employees are: engaged with the business; understand and adopt NSM’s values, strategy and plans; and are motivated to achieve their objectives and improve the business
- Establish clear communication within the team by creating and maintaining a culture of openness, communication that is responsive, and honest, with and from all members of the team, providing innovation and organisational agility
- Coach and mentor all direct reports on all aspects of their role
- Strong commitment to developing and maintaining a safe working environment
- Good Leadership Skills
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or Trade background and experience to equivalent
- Project Management Systems experience
- Proven background building and retaining a highly energised team
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills - ability to liaise with all stakeholders
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- Current Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a large marine engineering or construction project environment
- Contract Administration experience
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and maintain morale of subordinates
- Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, Excel, Project, email
- Wide range of experience, knowledge and networking in the Defence Industry