|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sydney Metro is a fully automated rapid transit system which offers a new generation of fast, safe and reliable train services. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australia’s largest city.
We have opportunities for Associate Director Engineering roles to join Australia’s biggest public transport infrastructure program, reshaping transport solutions and making a genuine difference for the people of NSW.
These roles will see you providing strategic engineering leadership and expert domain knowledge to the Sydney Metro team, whilst also developing and maintaining strong engineering relationships with private sector partners.
What you will be involved in
You will ensure that technical and engineering solutions are of high quality, meet business requirements within scope, quality, safety assurance, time and cost constraints, as well as regulatory and accreditation requirements. You will strive for integrated product outcomes and continuous improvement through close collaboration with private sector partners and a focus on outcome. Informed, constructive and balanced application of the contract requirements.
- You will have extensive experience in at least one area of railway engineering:
- Electrical and Mechanical Systems
- Signalling, Rail Systems and Communications
- Whole of Life Capability and Operations Engineering
- A proven track record of providing technical leadership across highly integrated rail and transport infrastructure projects through the design, procurement, construction and operations lifecycle.
- Demonstrated multi-disciplinary engineering projects and programme design, delivery and procurement experience.
- Sound commercial and contract management skills
- As an experienced team leader, you will be adept in understanding and dealing with technical, commercial and relationship challenges. Finding solutions and leading resolution.
- Using proven communication and stakeholder management skills you will be developing trusted and productive internal and external business relationships.
- You will be able to apply your domain specific engineering knowledge, targeting complex issues and risk areas, individually, with team members and more widely across the Sydney Metro portfolio.
- You will be passionate about people development, ensuring that we have excellent engineers and leaders coming through the business.
- The role requires tertiary qualifications in Engineering or equivalent, relevant professional experience and demonstrated professional self-development.
Want to know more?
For more information on this position, view the role description here.
Salary and Benefits
This is a TSSE (1A) role offering an attractive remuneration package.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
To register your interest please click the apply now button to submit your updated resume and complete the online application process by 11:59pm, Monday 30th November. For any enquiries, please email Namrita Sandhu at NAMRITA.SANDHU@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU.
Find out more about Sydney Metro at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydney-metro.