|Job Type:||Full Time|
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The $2.4 billion Parramatta Light Rail will connect Westmead to Carlingford via the Parramatta CBD and Camellia with a 12-kilometre, two-way light rail track. Parramatta Connect (CPB Contractors and Downer EDI Joint Venture) has been engaged by Transport for NSW to complete the construction of the light rail track, roadworks, stop platforms, and transport interchanges at Westmead, Parramatta CBD and Carlingford. Upon its completion the light rail will transport 28,000 people every day to key destinations, new communities and essential services. It is expected to open in 2023.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We currently have an opportunity for a Community Engagement Advisor with construction / rail industries experience to join our Parramatta Light Rail team. You will be the dedicated on-the-ground communications and engagement specialist focusing on specific precincts along site. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responding to complaints and participating in the 24/7 community hotline roster (1 in 5 weeks)
- Maintain consultation database records
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of construction activities
- Develop and implement site-specific Communication Actions Plans
- Identify, mitigate and manage site-specific issues
- Provide content for rolling program of engagement and communications activities
- Manage direct liaison with residents, businesses, landowners, stakeholders, road users, commuters, cyclists and pedestrians on project activities, including changed traffic conditions and access
- Monthly reporting
- Monitor and develop responses to social media questions and comments
You are able to identify community issues, as well as understanding of stakeholder and community needs in relation to the project. You will also have:
- Tertiary (Bachelor) degree in commerce, marketing, business, public relations, journalism, media relations or communications
- Experience within the rail, transport, construction, mining & resources or engineering industries (project experience) preferable
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage assigned workload
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams
WHAT WE OFFER
- A generous remuneration package and the foundation of a career with stability and continued career development and flexible working arrangement as we continue to expand as a business.
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated to establishing and growing your career, we’d love to speak to you! Hit apply now or contact Marie Hetherington for more information at Marie.Hetherington@downergroup.com.
Please do not send resumes to this email address as they will not be accepted.
We respectfully ask for no agency approaches.