|Job Type:||Full Time|
- 12-month contract
- Based in Qantas Drive, Brisbane
- Fast-paced, challenging role
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We have a challenging, fast-paced role for a Logistics Programmer (QLD). This role is responsible for the day to day scheduling of the bitumen deliveries around South East Queensland. Paramount to this role is ensuring that Downer adheres to all relevant legislation and safety obligations in the transport industry.
This role requires a "can do" positive attitude with a keen eye for detail, coupled with the ability to work autonomously and as part of the larger team.
- Demonstrable understanding of Fleet Operations and Planning as well as all applicable main roads legislation, DG’s, Driver Fatigue, Traffic Legislation, Code of Practice and OHS.
- Proficient in utilisation of fleet resources to achieve payload requirements and revenue efficiencies.
- Strong communication skills coupled with an ability to maintain and foster client service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Exposure to scheduling and works programming
- Ability to contribute to the development of the business planning process
- A proactive approach to maintaining contact with drivers and customers on a daily basis
- Competent use of computer software programs including Microsoft Office
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Actively participate and support Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 0409 072 562.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.